Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Raise your hand if you're sexy

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for commenting on the last post. I am really excited to use the responses I received to make an awesome work! I am eternally grateful.

So, on to another subject. I am wondering how people label themselves and how they determine that label. I want to know how many of you out there would say "YES!" to the question, "Do you think you're sexy?"

What I find most interesting about the mental thoughts I have when I ask myself this question is that I mostly concentrate on my physical appearance. So, generally the answer sways from "Hell yeah!" to "uhhh...sure." depending on the time of day, day of the week, week of the month, etc. Anyone else go through that kind of roller coaster? I will say, most of the time it is a "Hell Yeah." The not feeling sexy all the time is actually not my main concern.

What makes me think twice is that when I think of my own definition of "Sexy" it doesn't involve physical appearance (you can read it here.) But, when I look at myself in the mirror, that is all I think about. Weird, huh? I guess I'm a hypocrite or something of that nature. We all are our worst critics perhaps, but I am tired of that.

I do admit that when I put on a well fitting dress and brush and blow dry my hair, I feel sexy. But, why not feel sexy when I solve a problem or finish a new work of art?

Answer me this: What makes you feel sexy? And what do you wish made you feel sexy?

There might be more to talk about here, or I may just need to get over myself and feel sexy when I wash the dishes and do other generally "non-sexy" things. You have to start somewhere.

Just wanted to write a little note. I'm off to work on a couple of sexy projects.

--Lauren

2 comments:

Zella said...

Lauren,
It's your Mom!! Sexy to me is what is inside the mind and body, more then what you are able to see. If you feel good on the inside, SEXY will be there!!
Keep up the GREAT work!! Always explore Art!! XXOO
Love you my sweet Lauren,
Mom

Lauren Odell Usher Sharpton said...

Thanks mom! Always there to shine the bright side my way